Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I See London, I See France, I See Smart Guerilla Marketing

This morning while I was tiptoeing through the land of ad, I saw this campaign from Braun for their new pull-your-hair-out-by-
the-roots-to-look-pretty product.


You'd never suspect this, but I have a some deeply rooted resentment about the fact that women are expected to shave (or otherwise smooth-ify) their legs. I have come within a hair's-breadth of killing myself in the shower, teetering on one leg, covered with shave gel (which is, in essence, a lubricant and highly unsuited to application in a boxy, watery environment), holding a razor in one hand and the window sill with the other.


However, this campaign for the Braun Silk-epil is so smart, I couldn't let my politics and lack of balance get in the way of my appreciation. I love the simplicity of the execution.


No comments: